Canine Aquatic PetMassage Program
Imagine yourself shoulder deep in a large heated pool, holding a dog, suspended in water. You guide the dog’s body in your arms in large, sweeping movements across the surface of the water. You watch the ripples on the surface. You feel how the water drags and drifts the dog’s coat and body. Imagine the therapeutic value that this dog is getting in water.
In your hands, the dog relaxes. As you move, integumentary (skin and coat) and musculoskeletal structures float into and away from each other. Restrictions from holding patterns release. Alternative and integrative neuromuscular systems engage.
PetMassage in heated water is a controlled session of facilitated movement, massage, and stretching. The warmth enhances cardio and respiration, and softens the tissues. For some movements the water provides resistance, and for others, it provides supporting inertia.
When dogs experience aquatic PetMassage, their bodies are joyful. Their experiences are relaxing, rejuvenating, rebalancing, reconditioning, resoundingly therapeutic and amazingly beneficial.
Canine Aquatic PetMassage takes the facilitating practitioner’s experience to a whole new level of appreciation, validation, and happiness. It’s not just a job. It’s a positive and healthy way of helping dogs and making a living!
Become certified as a Canine Aquatic PetMassage Practitioner. PetMassage, a pioneer in teaching canine massage workshops, has trained, qualified, and certified Canine Aquatic PetMassage Practitioners for more than 20 years.
With the training provided in this program, you will gain the skills, confidence and experience to create a career providing professional canine aquatic massage in your own heated swimming pool.
These are your clients for Canine Aquatic PetMassage:
- Injured dogs, working with owners and veterinarians
- Canine athletes, working with trainers and owners for body toning and wellness maintenance
- Older and hospice dogs, as a general cardio program
- Partially paralyzed dogs, for maintaining strength, spirit, and support
- Overweight dogs
- Grieving and traumatized dogs, providing soothing emotional relaxing sessions
- Happy playful dogs, that need exercise and the strenuous play experience
The Canine Aquatic PetMassage Program is designed to give you the fundamental set of skills and understanding to get you comfortable and working effectively with dogs in warm water.
You will learn the theory, vocabulary, and skills to apply PetMassage techniques with dogs in a heated swimming pool.
This program includes a 5-day hands-on workshop, 1 Home study module, and post workshop requirements.
The on-site hands-on workshop is held Thursdays-Mondays, 9 AM to 4 PM, at the PetMassage Natatorium, Toledo, Ohio USA.
The Home Study Course included in the Canine Aquatic PetMassage Program
- Basic Anatomy of the Dog ($400 value)
Post workshop requirements include
- Take home test (completed in class)
- Case study documentations
- 2 videos of Canine Aquatic PetMassage
- Brief Research Paper on a topic assigned in class
- Skills and applications
- Session elements, sequences and protocols
- Assessment skills and methods
- Platform work: incorporating dry PetMassage skills and techniques
- Indications and contraindications
- Body mechanics
- Basic canine anatomy as it applies to your Canine Aquatic PetMassage practice
- Pools and their mechanics
- Legal / ethical practice
- Experiencing the joy of working with dogs and fellow colleagues in and with the water.
Objectives / Goals
- Develop understanding of the theory, vocabulary & skills of applied PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage techniques.
- Learn techniques to safely and effectively massage a wide variety of sizes, temperaments, and breeds of dogs in a heated pool.
- Learn to use Canine Aquatic PetMassage skills to access alternative neurologically plastic pathways to promote muscle use in movement restricted dogs.
- Learn to observe gait before and after Canine Aquatic PetMassage sessions.
- Learn to use Canine Aquatic PetMassage skills to enhance canine flexibility, muscle tone, strength, proprioception, and physical endurance.
- Use Canine Aquatic PetMassage to increase weight loss.
- Dog Handling in Canine Massage video download ($25.00 Value)
- Basic Dog Anatomy Home Study Course ($400 Value)
- Canine Aquatic PetMassage Manual (provided on site)
Workshop Class Size Limit
If you see that the program you would like to attend is full, we encourage you to add your name to its waiting list. A spot may open for you. Someone who is registered for that workshop may need to switch to another month.
Please call Beth at 800-779-1001 to register with your 1st and 2nd choices for workshop dates.
- Desire to create a canine aquatic massage business
- Comfort in water
- Comfort with dogs
- Desire to help dogs enhance their quality of life
Before Workshop Info
- Review Confident Dog Handling in Canine Massage / Yoga consciousness [PetMassage Streaming Video & Download]
- Review Basic Dog Anatomy for Canine Aquatic PetMassage Practitioners Home-study Course
During Workshop Info
- PetMassage Training and Research Institute Toledo, Ohio 43606 USA
2950 Douglas Road
Toledo, Ohio 43606 USA
Emergency phone 419-450-1106
When you enroll for the Program, you will receive a registration packet with suggestions for where to stay, dine, and walk your dogs while you are visiting Toledo.
What to wear:
- When you attend the program please bring the following:
- Denim Jacket & below knee Pants OR Sturdy Wet Suit – These are worn in the water to protect your neck, arms, torso, and legs and are required for all in pool activities. You will not be allowed in the pool without wearing protective apparel. This is for your own safety.
- 2 Bathing Suits (2 piece recommended)
- Bathing Cap (Optional)
- Aqua shoes
- Oversized Hooded Zippered Sweatshirt – for when you are not in the water
All training is done with live dogs Everyone gets to experience a wide variety of dogs’ sizes, breeds, ages and personalities.
If you can bring your own pet, please know that your dog will have one 15-20 minute session each day. The rest of your dog’s day will be spent in a crate.
Crates are available on site, and you are welcome to bring your own crates or x-pens.
Please let us know if your dog(s) have any special considerations.
What to expect:
Class sizes are small. You will have abundant opportunities to get individual hands-on instruction with Jonathan Rudinger, the founder of PetMassage Training and Research Institute and the creator of the Canine Aquatic PetMassage.
Kitchen, break room, free parking, WiFi, next door to groomer, emergency vet across the street, close to hotels, restaurants, and metro parks.
You have six months from the last day of your Canine Aquatic PetMassage program to complete all the following:
- Take-home written exam
- Home-study Basic Dog Anatomy
- Documented practice sessions
- Video recordings
- Brief research paper
Certificates of Completion Earned?
Two Certificates of Course Completion are awarded for this program
Canine Aquatic PetMassage Certificate of Course Completion
Basic Anatomy of the Dog, Home Study
The graduate is
- A Certified Canine Aquatic PetMassagePractitioner (CCPP)
- added to the Online PetMassage Training & Research Institute Graduates List.
This Course is Accredited by the
IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB
Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available for
Nationally Certified Animal Massage Practitioners, and Massage Therapists (MTs)
Number of CECs / CEUs Earned:
Options to Pay:
- Save 5% by registering for this workshop and making one discounted payment of $2470.00
- Register for this workshop with a 50% deposit today, with the remainder due the week before the first day of class.
- Register with a deposit and create a convenient monthly payment plan.
- Claim your IAAMB/ACWT Member discount of 10% for a rate of $2340.00.
- Discounts may not be combined.
Have questions or concerns?
The PetMassage knowledgeable staff will provide assistance with workshop support, including suggestions for travel and accommodations.
Register Now for the workshop dates that best fit your schedule.
Canine Aquatic PetMassage Program
My classmates were fabulous. I felt support from each of them even though they had different personalities. I appreciated the open forum with the wealth of knowledge of Jonathan and Anastasia. I am so very grateful for your gift of presence for myself and all the dogs by sharing this knowledge. My intention is to honor this with my WaterWork. Thank you for offering this course. Beyond my expectations. I enjoyed PetMassage WaterWork with dogs, the Tai Chi style of working and Jonathan’s uniqueness! I loved the class, energy and family feel! Thank you! A week of Zen and getting closer to my own “soul” giving me more to give to my clients. Darkness is gone – reached the emerald city with my new found friend! I am so full of love, trust, acceptance, and mostly peace that I can do this myself. Thank you Jonathan and Anastasia for my badge of courage! Life is beautiful over the rainbow. Awesome training! What an experience! It has given me more ideas to bring back to Canada.
My classmates were fabulous. I felt support from each of them even though they had different personalities.
I appreciated the open forum with the wealth of knowledge of Jonathan and Anastasia. I am so very grateful for your gift of presence for myself and all the dogs by sharing this knowledge. My intention is to honor this with my WaterWork. Thank you for offering this course. Beyond my expectations.
I enjoyed PetMassage WaterWork with dogs, the Tai Chi style of working and Jonathan’s uniqueness! I loved the class, energy and family feel!
Thank you! A week of Zen and getting closer to my own “soul” giving me more to give to my clients.
Darkness is gone – reached the emerald city with my new found friend! I am so full of love, trust, acceptance, and mostly peace that I can do this myself. Thank you Jonathan and Anastasia for my badge of courage! Life is beautiful over the rainbow.
Awesome training! What an experience! It has given me more ideas to bring back to Canada.