PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Program
5-day hands-on program: Thursday-Monday, 9 AM to 4 PM.
Become certified as a PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Practitioner.
PetMassage, a pioneer in teaching canine aquatic massage workshops, has trained and qualified practitioners for more than 20 years.
Massage in heated water is a controlled session of massage, facilitated movement, and stretching. The warmth enhances cardio and respiration, and softens the tissues. Buoyancy encourages muscle to actually float away from bone. For some movements the water provides resistance, and for others, it provides supporting inertia.
It also takes the facilitating practitioner’s experience to a whole new level of appreciation, validation, and happiness. It’s not just a job. It’s a positive and healthy way of helping dogs and making a living! It’s fun!
Working with owners and veterinarians Canine athletes, working with trainers and owners for body toning and wellness maintenance Older and hospice dogs, as a general cardio program
These are your clients for Canine Aquatic Massage:
- Injured dogs, working with owners and veterinarians
- Canine athletes, working with trainers and owners for body toning and wellness maintenance
- Older and hospice dogs, as a general cardio program
- Partially paralyzed dogs, for maintaining strength, spirit, and support
- Weight loss programs
- Grieving and traumatized dogs, providing soothing emotional relaxing sessions
- And, happy playful dogs, that need exercise and the strenuous play experience
This on-site hands-on workshop is held at the Dog Dive, in Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA.
Home Study Courses in the Canine Aquatic Massage Program:
Credits and Credential
The PetMassage™ Canine Aquatic Massage Program earns 60 CEUs. Upon completion, you are a Certified Canine Aquatic PetMassage Practitioner.
Imagine yourself shoulder deep in a large heated pool, holding a dog, suspended in water. You guide the dog’s body in your arms in large, sweeping movements across the surface of the water. You watch the ripples on the surface. You feel how the water drags and drifts the dog’s coat and body. Imagine the therapeutic value that this dog is getting in water.
In your hands, the dog relaxes. As you move, integumentary (skin and coat) and musculoskeletal structures float into and away from each other. Restrictions from holding patterns release. Alternative and integrative neuromuscular systems engage.
When your dog experiences, aquatic massage, his body is joyful, relaxing, rejuvenating, rebalancing, reconditioning, resoundingly therapeutic and amazingly beneficial, for you, the practitioner, as well. This is The PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Program.
The PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Program helps students learn the theory, vocabulary, and skills to apply PetMassage techniques with dogs in a heated swimming pool.
It is designed to give you the fundamental set of skills and understanding to get you comfortable and working effectively with dogs in warm water.
Course content is focused on
- skills and applications
- session elements, sequences and protocols
- assessment skills
- advanced elements, sequences and applications for therapeutic aquatic canine massage
- incorporating dry PetMassage skills and techniques to dogs on a submerged platform in the water
- indications and contraindications
- body mechanics
- basic canine anatomy as it applies to your aquatic canine massage practice
- pools and their mechanics
- legal practice
- and experiencing the joy of working with dogs and fellow colleagues in and with the water.
Ways to save:
- Register for this workshop with a 50% deposit today, with the remainder due the week before the first day of class.
- Register with a deposit and create a convenient monthly payment plan.
- Or save 5% by registering for this workshop and making one discounted payment of $2375.00
- Or, claim your IAAMB/ACWT Member discount of 10% for a rate of $2250.00. Discounts cannot be combined.
With the training provided in this program, you will gain the training, confidence and experience to create a career providing professional canine aquatic massage in your own heated swimming pool.
Explore the benefits of massaging dogs in water as well as learning about additional canine healthcare services that can be offered in your business.
Workshop Class Size Limit:
If you see that the program you would like to attend is full, we encourage you to add your name to its waiting list. A spot may open for you. Someone who is registered for that workshop may need to switch to another month.
Please call Beth at 800-779-1001 to register with your 1st and 2nd choices for workshop dates.
- Desire to create a canine aquatic massage business
- Comfort in water
- Comfort with dogs
- Desire to help dogs enhance their quality of life
Objectives / Goals:
- Develop understanding of the theory, vocabulary & skills of applied PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage techniques
- Learn to use PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage skills to access alternative neurologically plastic pathways to promote muscle use in movement restricted dogs
- Learn to use PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage skills to enhance canine flexibility, muscle tone, and physical endurance
- Learn techniques to safely and effectively massage a wide variety of sizes, temperaments, and breeds of dogs in a heated pool
- Using PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage to increase muscle mass, strength, endurance, weight loss, proprioception
- Learn to observe gait before and after PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage sessions
Home Study Courses Included:
- Basic Dog Anatomy for PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Practitioners Course ($400 value)
- Dog Handling in Canine Massage video download ($25.00 Value)
- Basic Dog Anatomy for PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Practitioners Course ($400 Value)
- PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Manual (provided on site)
IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB
Before Workshop Info:
- Review Confident Dog Handling in Canine Massage / Yoga consciousness [PetMassage™ Streaming Video & Download] ($25.00 value)
- Review Basic Dog Anatomy for PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Practitioners Home-study Course ($400.00 value)
- Information about the workshop, location and proper attire is included in your confirmation letter.
During Workshop Info:
Please note, this program travels to off-site pool equipped facilities. We are currently holding workshops at
- PetMassage, Ltd. - Toledo, Ohio
When you enroll for a program, included in your registration packet are links to where to stay, dine, and walk your dogs for the city that the PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage workshop will be hosted.
WHAT TO WEAR:
When you attend the program please bring the following:
- Oversized Hooded Zippered Sweatshirt
- 2 Bathing Suits (Recommended)
- Bathing Cap (Optional)
- Denim Jacket & Pants OR Sturdy Wet Suit – These are worn in the water to protect your torso and legs and are required for all in pool activities. You will not be allowed in the pool without wearing one of these options. This is for your own safety.
All practice work is done with live dogs. You will perfect your skills with several dogs. Everyone gets to experience a wide variety of dogs’ sizes, breeds, ages and personalities.
If you can bring your own pet, please know that your dog will have one 15-20- minute session every other day. The rest of your dog’s day will be spent in a crate. Crates are available or you are welcome to bring your own crates or x-pens. We’ll have plenty of lucky doggie volunteers available for you to work with during each program day. Please let us know if your dog(s) have any special considerations.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Class sizes are small. This provides abundant opportunities for you to get individual hands-on instruction with Jonathan Rudinger, the founder of PetMassage Training and Research Institute and the creator PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage
- Support Staff: Friendly, knowledgeable staff will be available to provide assistance with workshop support, including travel and accommodations.
- SPECIAL ON-SITE DISCOUNT! Check out the PetMassage products and merchandise available for purchase. During the duration of your program, you’ll receive a special 20% discount on all PetMassage DVDs, books, as well as the PetMassage™ Foundation Level Program & PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program.
Certificate of Completion Earned?
You have six months from the last day of your PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage program to complete all the following: a take-home written exam, document practice sessions, and video recordings.
- Take-home written exam
- Home-study Basic Dog Anatomy for PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Practitioners
- Documented practice sessions
- Video recordings
- Research paper
Two Certificates of Course Completion are awarded for this program:
- PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Certificate of Course Completion
- Basic Anatomy of the Dog, Home Study
The graduate is a Certified PetMassage PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Practitioner (CPCAP) and is added to the PetMassage Training & Research Institute Graduates List.
Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available For:
Animal Massage Practitioners, Massage Therapists (MTs)
Number of Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Earned:
Register Now for the workshop dates that best fits your schedule.
Would You Like to Host This Program at Your Facility?
We’re happy to work with you to bring a PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Program to your area! Please reach out to us via our Contact page.
Upcoming Events › Canine Aquatic Massage
5-Day Workshop. Thursday-Monday PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Program is therapeutic and beneficial for dogs; joyful, relaxing, and rewarding for Certified PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Practitioners. Indications and benefits of Canine Aquatic Massage Toning Strength and conditioning Weight loss Rehabilitation in a non-weight bearing environment Enhancing movement Respiratory and cardio exercise Lymphatic drainage Confidence building, And it’s an enjoyable activity that dog’s love. Working in water is very unlike dry PetMassage. The skills are different. The pool environment offers possibilities…Find out more »
5-Day Workshop. Thursday-Monday. PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Program is therapeutic and beneficial for dogs; joyful, relaxing, and rewarding for Certified PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Practitioners. Indications and benefits of Canine Aquatic Massage Toning Strength and conditioning Weight loss Rehabilitation in a non-weight bearing environment Enhancing movement Respiratory and cardio exercise Lymphatic drainage Confidence building, And it’s an enjoyable activity that dog’s love. Working in water is very unlike dry PetMassage. The skills are different. The pool environment offers possibilities…Find out more »
PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Program
Thanks to Jonathan and Anastasia and the folks at Dog Dive Kalamazoo, MI for a wonderful week learning about the benefits of aqua therapy on dogs and their respective health needs. It was very informative and just an overall great experience. I look forward to bringing this knowledge and hands on experience to my (future) business endeavors.
My classmates were fabulous. I felt support from each of them even though they had different personalities.
I appreciated the open forum with the wealth of knowledge of Jonathan and Anastasia. I am so very grateful for your gift of presence for myself and all the dogs by sharing this knowledge. My intention is to honor this with my WaterWork™. Thank you for offering this course. Beyond my expectations.
I enjoyed PetMassage™ WaterWork™ with dogs, the Tai Chi style of working and Jonathan’s uniqueness! I loved the class, energy and family feel!
Thank you! A week of Zen and getting closer to my own “soul” giving me more to give to my clients.
Darkness is gone – reached the emerald city with my new found friend! I am so full of love, trust, acceptance, and mostly peace that I can do this myself. Thank you Jonathan and Anastasia for my badge of courage! Life is beautiful over the rainbow.
Awesome training! What an experience! It has given me more ideas to bring back to Canada.
Had a blessed experience today. An injured Weimaraner from out of town came to The Dog Dive because there is no warm water WaterWork™ anywhere near her. She was panicked and not buying in. I went to our Foundation class in my mind and realized I needed the energy from the Earth to convince her. I planted my feet and let the energy in. It surrounded me, the dog, and the water! It also made a bond between the dog and that lasted the rest of the day. Thank you Jonathan Rudinger.