Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ Program 2
2-day hands-on workshop runs Friday and Saturday, following the Level 1 workshop. 9 AM to 4 PM. This workshop is designed to expand your skill set, confidence, and comfort working with dogs in warm water.
Course content is focused on
- form refinement
- body mechanics refinement
- additional applications for aquatic canine massage
- incorporating dry PetMassage skills and techniques to dogs in the water
- advanced elements, sequences and protocols
- and experiencing the joy of working with dogs and advanced level fellow colleagues in and with the water.
- This includes all materials.
- Ways to save:
- You can register for this workshop with a 50% deposit today, with the remainder due the week before the first day of class.
- Or you can save 5% by registering for this workshop and making one discounted payment of $845.00
- IAAMB/ACWT members may save 10% with your discount, with payment at time of registration of $810. (Discounts cannot be combined.)
- Completion of Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ Program 1
Objectives / Goals:
- Expand understanding of the theory, vocabulary & skills of PetMassage™ water techniques
- Learn and incorporate “dry” PetMassage for Dogs techniques to PetMassage™ WaterWork™
- Apply PetMassage™ WaterWork™ to enhance canine flexibility, muscle tone, and physical endurance
- Learn to work with a wide variety of sizes, temperaments, and breeds of dogs safely and effectively
- Use PetMassage™ WaterWork™ to increase muscle mass, strength, endurance, weight loss, proprioception
- Use PetMassage™ WaterWork™ to access alternative neurologically plastic pathways to promote muscle use in movement restricted dogs
- You are welcome to take this class in tandem with the Level 1 Program.
- This program is for practitioners who have completed PetMassage WaterWork and PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Level 1 workshops from 2002-2018.
- You are welcome to attend the Level 2 workshop in tandem with the WaterWork Refresher (Fee $950.00)
- With the training provided in this program, you will expand your capacity to help dogs experience the restorative possibilities of massage in water.
- Learn to incorporate variations of dry PetMassage skills and techniques to add dimension to your work and expand your potential for therapeutic support.
Home Study Courses Included in this program:
- Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ Program 2 Manual (provided on site)
IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB
The graduate is a Certified PetMassage™ WaterWork™ Advanced Practitioner (CPWAP)
Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available For:
Animal Massage Practitioners, Massage Therapists (MTs)
Number of Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Earned:
Before Workshop Info:
You’ll receive information about the workshop location and proper attire (what to wear) in your confirmation letter.
During Workshop Info:
Please note, this program travels to off-site pool equipped facilities. We are currently holding workshops at:
The Dog Dive in Kalamazoo, Michigan
When you enroll for a program, included in your registration packet along with an email is a link to where to stay, dine, and walk your dogs for the city that the PetMassage™ WaterWork™ Workshop will be hosted.