Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ Programs 1 and 2
6-day hands-on program: Monday through Saturday, 9 AM to 4 PM.
Imagine yourself shoulder deep in a large heated pool, holding a dog, suspended in water. You guide the dog’s body in your arms in large, sweeping movements across the surface of the water. You watch the ripples on the surface. You feel how the water drags and drifts the dog’s coat and body. Imagine the therapeutic value that this dog is getting in water.
In your hands, the dog relaxes. As you move, integumentary (skin and coat) and musculoskeletal structures float into and away from each other. Restrictions from holding patterns release. Alternative and integrative neuromuscular systems engage.
When your dog experiences his body WaterWorking it is joyful, relaxing, rejuvenating, rebalancing, reconditioning, resoundingly therapeutic and amazingly beneficial, for you as well. This is The PetMassage™ WaterWork™!
The New PetMassage WaterWork™ Program includes 2 levels:
- Canine Aquatic Massage Level 1 (4-days)
- Canine Aquatic Massage Level 2 (2-days)
The Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork Programs 1 and 2 helps students learn the theory, vocabulary, and skills to apply PetMassage techniques with dogs in a heated swimming pool.
This is a vocational training course. Train to create your own:
- rehabilitation facility for injured dogs, working with veterinarians
- body toning and wellness maintenance work out facility for canine athletes
- gentle cardio program for older, and in-hospice dogs
- program for maintaining strength and support for partially paralyzed dogs
- weight loss programs for dogs
- soothing, emotional relaxing session for grieving and traumatized dogs
The first 4 days, Monday-Thursday is Canine Aquatic Massage PetMassage WaterWork™ 1.
It is designed to give you the fundamental set of skills and understanding to get you comfortable and working effectively with dogs in warm water.
Course content is focused on
- body mechanics
- basic canine anatomy as it applies to your aquatic canine massage practice
- skills and applications
- indications and contraindications
- pools and their mechanics
- session elements, sequences and protocols
- assessment skills
- legal practice
- and experiencing the joy of working with dogs and fellow colleagues in and with the water.
Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork Program 2
The final 2 days, Friday-Saturday expands your skill set, confidence, and comfort working with dogs in warm water.
This part of the course content is focused on
- form refinement
- body mechanics refinement
- advanced elements, sequences and applications for therapeutic aquatic canine massage
- incorporating dry PetMassage skills and techniques to dogs on a submerged platform in the water
- and experiencing the joy of working in and with the water with dogs and fellow advanced level colleagues.
Program 1 and 2: $2,600.00
Ways to save:
- You can register for this workshop with a 50% deposit today, with the remainder due the week before the first day of class.
- Register with a deposit and create a convenient monthly payment plan.
- Or you can save 5% by registering for this workshop and making one discounted payment of $2470.00
- Or, you can claim your IAAMB/ACWT Member discount of 10% for a rate of $2340.00. Discounts cannot be combined.
With the training provided in this program, you will gain the training, confidence and experience to create a career providing professional canine aquatic massage in your own heated swimming pool.
Explore the benefits of massaging dogs in water as well as learning about additional canine healthcare services that can be offered in your business.
Workshop Class Size Limit:
If you see that the program you would like to attend is full, we encourage you to add your name to its waiting list. Someone who is registered for that workshop may need to switch to another month. A spot may open for you.
Please call Beth at 800-779-1001 to register with your 1st and 2nd choices for workshop dates.
- Desire to create a canine aquatic massage business
- Comfort in water
- Comfort with dogs
- Desire to help dogs enhance their quality of life
Objectives / Goals:
- Develop understanding of the theory, vocabulary & skills of applied PetMassage water techniques
- Learn to use PetMassage WaterWork to access alternative neurologically plastic pathways to promote muscle use in movement restricted dogs
- Learn to use PetMassage WaterWork to enhance canine flexibility, muscle tone, and physical endurance
- Learn techniques to safely and effectively PetMassage WaterWork a wide variety of sizes, temperaments, and breeds of dogs
- Using PetMassage WaterWork to increase muscle mass, strength, endurance, weight loss, proprioception
- Learn to observe gait before and after PetMassage WaterWork sessions
Home Study Courses Included in Program 1:
- Basic Dog Anatomy for PetMassage WaterWork Practitioners Course ($400 value)
Materials Included in program 1:
- Dog Handling in Canine Massage video download
- Basic Dog Anatomy for PetMassage WaterWork Practitioners Course
- PetMassage WaterWork Manual (provided on site)
IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB
Before Workshop Info:
- Review Confident Dog Handling in Canine Massage / Yoga consciousness [PetMassage™ Streaming Video & Download]
- Review Basic Dog Anatomy for PetMassage WaterWork Practitioners Home-study Course
- You’ll receive information about the workshop, location and proper attire in your confirmation letter.
During Workshop Info:
Please note, this program travels to off-site pool equipped facilities. We are currently holding workshops at
- The Dog Divein Kalamazoo, Michigan
When you enroll for a program, included in your registration packet are links to where to stay, dine, and walk your dogs for the city that the PetMassage™ WaterWork™ Workshop will be hosted.
WHAT TO WEAR:
When you attend the program please bring the following to the WaterWork™ workshop:
- Oversized Hooded Zippered Sweatshirt
- 2 Bathing Suits (Recommended)
- Bathing Cap (Optional)
- Denim Jacket & Pants OR Sturdy Wet Suit – These are worn in the water to protect your torso and legs and are required for all in pool activities. You will not be allowed in the pool without wearing one of these options. This is for your own safety.
All practice work is done with live dogs. You will perfect your skills with several dogs. Everyone gets to experience a wide variety of dogs’ sizes, breeds, ages and personalities.
If you can bring your own pet, please know that your dog will have one 15-20- minute session every other day. The rest of your dog’s day will be spent in a crate. Crates are available or you are welcome to bring your own crates or x-pens. We’ll have plenty of lucky doggie volunteers available for you to work with during each program day. Please let us know if your dog(s) have any special considerations.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Class sizes are small. This provides abundant opportunities for you to get individual hands-on instruction with Jonathan Rudinger, the founder of PetMassage Training and Research Institute and the creator of PetMassage WaterWork.
- Support Staff: Friendly, knowledgeable staff will be available to provide assistance with workshop support, including travel and accommodations.
- SPECIAL ON-SITE DISCOUNT! Check out the PetMassage products and merchandise available for purchase. During the duration of your program, you’ll receive a special 20% discount on all PetMassage DVDs, books, as well as the PetMassage™ Foundation Level Program& PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program.
After Workshop Info:
Certificate of Completion Earned?
You have six months from the last day of your PetMassage WaterWork program to complete all the following: a take-home written exam, document practice sessions, and video recordings.
- Take-home written exam
- Home-study Basic Dog Anatomy for PetMassage WaterWork Practitioners
- Documented practice sessions
- Video recordings
- Research paper
Two Certificates of Course Completion are awarded for this program:
- PetMassage WaterWork Level 1 and 2 (Canine Aquatic Massage) Certificate of Course Completion
- Basic Anatomy of the Dog, Home Study
The graduate is a Certified PetMassage WaterWork Practitioner (CPWP) and added to the PetMassage Training & Research Institute Graduates List.
Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available For:
Animal Massage Practitioners, Massage Therapists (MTs)
Number of Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Earned:
Register Now for the workshop dates that best fits your schedule.
Would You Like to Host This Program at Your Facility?
We’re happy to work with you to bring Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ Program 1 to your area! Please reach out to us via our Contact page.
Past Events › WaterWork™
Brief Description: The PetMassage WaterWork™ Workshop (Canine Aquatic Massage) helps students learn the theory, vocabulary, and skills of applying PetMassage™ techniques with dogs in a heated swimming pool. When your dog experiences his body WaterWorking it is joyful, relaxing, rejuvenating, rebalancing, reconditioning, resoundingly and amazingly therapeutic and beneficial. This is PetMassage WaterWork™! This workshop travels to host locations throughout the US and enables students to learn an exciting new way to practice PetMassage™ techniques with the benefits of water massage sessions. This 4-day hands-on off-site workshop…Find out more »
Brief Description: The PetMassage WaterWork™ Program (Canine Aquatic Massage) helps students learn the theory, vocabulary, and skills of applying PetMassage™ techniques with dogs in a heated swimming pool. When your dog experiences his body WaterWorking it is joyful, relaxing, rejuvenating, rebalancing, reconditioning, resoundingly and amazingly therapeutic and beneficial. This is PetMassage WaterWork™! This programs travels to host locations throughout the US and enables students to learn an exciting new way to practice PetMassage™ techniques with the benefits of water massage sessions. This 4-day hands-on off-site program…Find out more »
PetMassage™ WaterWork™ Program
Thanks to Jonathan and Anastasia and the folks at Dog Dive Kalamazoo, MI for a wonderful week learning about the benefits of aqua therapy on dogs and their respective health needs. It was very informative and just an overall great experience. I look forward to bringing this knowledge and hands on experience to my (future) business endeavors.
My classmates were fabulous. I felt support from each of them even though they had different personalities.
I appreciated the open forum with the wealth of knowledge of Jonathan and Anastasia. I am so very grateful for your gift of presence for myself and all the dogs by sharing this knowledge. My intention is to honor this with my WaterWork™. Thank you for offering this course. Beyond my expectations.
I enjoyed PetMassage™ WaterWork™ with dogs, the Tai Chi style of working and Jonathan’s uniqueness! I loved the class, energy and family feel!
Thank you! A week of Zen and getting closer to my own “soul” giving me more to give to my clients.
Darkness is gone – reached the emerald city with my new found friend! I am so full of love, trust, acceptance, and mostly peace that I can do this myself. Thank you Jonathan and Anastasia for my badge of courage! Life is beautiful over the rainbow.
Awesome training! What an experience! It has given me more ideas to bring back to Canada.
Had a blessed experience today. An injured Weimaraner from out of town came to The Dog Dive because there is no warm water WaterWork™ anywhere near her. She was panicked and not buying in. I went to our Foundation class in my mind and realized I needed the energy from the Earth to convince her. I planted my feet and let the energy in. It surrounded me, the dog, and the water! It also made a bond between the dog and that lasted the rest of the day. Thank you Jonathan Rudinger.