Canine Aquatic Massage: The WaterWork™ Workshop
The Dog Dive, Kalamazoo
We have relocated the PetMassage™ WaterWork workshop that will be held Monday – Thursday, January 22-25, 2018. The class will be at The Dog Dive in Kalamazoo, Michigan. We are thrilled that the owners of The Dog Dive, Mary Lester and Beth and Daryl Yerrick (Mary and Beth are graduates of PetMassage™ workshops) will be our hosts. Their business is very successful so they always provide a wide variety of dogs and can tell us the back story of each one.
We’ll Practice With
• puppies, adult dogs, and seniors. (Our 7-month old boxer Ilaria will be experiencing the water for her first time).
• dogs that are large, and small
• thin, and thick
• strong, and frail
• athletes, and companion dogs
• experienced, and newbies, like our Ilaria.
What You’ll Learn
• what it takes to own and operate a pool facility for dogs.
• how canine aquatic massage can be employed for conditioning, rehabilitation, and recreation.
• with the types of dogs you will see in your practice. You’ll have the opportunity to see firsthand how beneficial canine aquatic massage is for lots of different conditions.
• If your passion is dog rehabilitation and you are already trained as a DVM or RVT, you’ll learn soft tissue and body mechanics techniques you will add to your skill set.
• If your experience is as an LMT, a dog handler or dog lover and you’ve been able to visualize how much dogs can benefit when you are trained and working with them in a heated pool, join us. The skills you’ll learn in these four days will position you for a new incredibly rewarding career.
Southwest Michigan in January is often snowy. The weather is similar to what you’d expect in Chicago or Cleveland. One of our Kalamazoo workshops last year was in the winter. It was cold and icy…but only outside. Once we changed into our swim attire, we forgot all about the thermometer. Our focus was on
• the dogs
• learning new concepts and skills
• and the sense of spiritual fulfillment we felt with each and every dripping dog.
If you are driving, bring your dogs and they can get free sessions in the water. Please let us know how many you’ll be bringing when you register.
We understand that you might have questions about registering for the January 22-25, 2018 PetMassage™ WaterWork workshop with such short notice. Please call Beth at 800-779-1001. Beth will attend to all your concerns and send you a list of suggested accommodations in Kalamazoo that are dog friendly.
New Year – New Beginnings
The PetMassage™ WaterWork™ workshop is a glorious 4 days interacting with lots of appreciative dogs and their owners in a clean, warm 87º indoor pool. What a fabulous way to start the new year. Register by January 15th and save 20% on your workshop fees, when you apply your Happy Holiday Discount. We are extending the discount for just this workshop!