Advanced Canine Aquatic Workshop – October 5-9, 2023
October 5 @ 9:00 AM - October 9 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Advanced PetMassage Aquatic Skills for Specific Veterinary Rehabilitation Support
Canine Aquatic PetMassage physical manipulation is based on the science and understanding of dog structure (anatomy) and function (physiology).
Advanced aquatic training includes
- Assistive practicesfor “core” conditioning
- Exercisesto enhance/restore mobility
- Techniquesto use when addressing spinal issues
Routinesfor elder dogs to restore balance/gait/confidence
- Handling protocolsfor incapacitated and compromised dogs in the therapy pool
- Methodsof observation, documentation, and results oriented planning
Objectives: By the completion of the workshop you will understand and confidently return demonstrate PetMassage aquatic skills for the 8 primary specific applications of veterinary rehabilitation support.
- Spine issues
- Hip dysplasia
- Patella issues
- Cruciate ligament rehabilitation
- Elbow issues
Home study courses: 2
To be completed 1 week prior to the hands-on workshop at the PetMassage Natatorium in Toledo Ohio.
Home study 1: Dog Anatomy and Physiology for Focused Aquatic Work.
Home study 2: Research paper on an assigned topic documenting an aspect of Canine Aquatic Physiotherapy. Sourced online.
Class size: 4 students
Certificate of Completion: PetMassage Aquatic Physiotherapy Skills for Specific Veterinary Rehabilitation Support
Prerequisite: Canine Aquatic PetMassage workshop.
Register Now: Three options to pay.
- 10/5-9 (2023) Advanced Canine Aquatic Program (1 Payment)
- 10/5-9 (2023) Advanced Canine Aquatic Program (1/2 Deposit, with balance due 1 week prior to workshop)
- Call 1-419-475-3539 to arrange a convenient monthly payment plan.
Leave a Reply