Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ Programs 1 & 2 – October 14-19, 2019 – Kalamazoo, MI
October 14, 2019 - October 19, 2019
6-Day Workshop. Monday through Saturday. Become a Certified Advanced PetMassage WaterWork Practitioner. PetMassage WaterWork is therapeutic and beneficial for dogs; joyful, relaxing, rewarding for practitioners.
Working in water is very unlike dry PetMassage. The pool environment offers possibilities unlike any other water or dry modality. Every movement in the warm water is magnified and exaggerated. Each session becomes a joyous dance of wellness and fun.
Imagine yourself shoulder deep in a large heated pool, holding a dog, suspended in water. You guide the dog’s body in your arms in a set of movements across the surface of the water. You feel how the water drags and drifts the dog’s coat and body. Imagine the dynamics, flexibility, and therapeutic value that this dog is getting while being moved about in the clean, warm water. In your hands, the dog relaxes. With each step and turn, the dog’s skin, coat and musculoskeletal structures float into and away from each other. Restrictions from holding patterns, both acute and chronic, can release.
Indications and benefits of Canine Aquatic Massage
- Toning, Strength and conditioning
- Weight loss
- Rehabilitation in a non-weight bearing environment
- Enhancing movement
- Respiratory and cardio exercise
- Lymphatic drainage
- Confidence building
- And it’s an enjoyable activity that dog’s love.
Monday through Thursday, Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ Program 1
The first 4 days you will learn
- Context, indications and contraindications
- Movement skills
- PetMassage™ Aquatic Massage techniques with dogs
- Body mechanics
- Safety in dog handling
- Pool selection and operation
- Legal practices
- Basic canine anatomy (Home study course)
The final 2 days, Friday and Saturday, the Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ Program 2 you will learn
- Additional applications for aquatic canine neuromuscular and myofascial massage
- Identify neuromuscular stress tracts
- Skills to release fascial restrictions.
- Fascia stretching
- Incorporate dry PetMassage skills and techniques while floating dogs
- Dry PetMassage skills and techniques used for dogs on a submerged platform.
Workshop Fee: $2600.00
- Basic Anatomy of the Dog Home study Course
Register Now: Two options to pay.