- This event has passed.
Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ Programs 1 and 2 – May 6-11, 2019 – Kalamazoo, MI
May 6, 2019 - May 11, 2019
Canceled: See calendar for other dates
6-Day Workshop. Monday through Saturday.
PetMassage WaterWork is therapeutic and beneficial for dogs; joyful, relaxing, and rewarding for Certified PetMassage WaterWork Practitioners.
Indications and benefits of Canine Aquatic Massage
- Strength and conditioning
- Weight loss
- Rehabilitation in a non-weight bearing environment
- Enhancing movement
- Respiratory and cardio exercise
- Lymphatic drainage
- Confidence building,
- And it’s an enjoyable activity that dog’s love.
Working in water is very unlike dry PetMassage. The skills are different. The pool environment offers possibilities unlike any other water or dry modality. The water and the warmth magnify and exaggerate the therapeutic value of every movement. Each session becomes a joyous dance of wellness and fun.
Imagine yourself shoulder deep in a large heated pool, holding a dog, suspended in water. You guide the dog’s body in your arms in a set of movements across the surface of the water. You feel how the water drags and drifts the dog’s coat and body. Imagine the dynamics, flexibility, and therapeutic value that this dog is getting while being moved about in the clean, warm water. In your hands, the dog relaxes. With each of your steps and turns, the dog’s skin, coat, and musculoskeletal structures float into and away from each other. Restrictions from holding patterns, both acute and chronic, can release.
In the Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ Program 1 you will learn
- Context, indications and contraindications
- Movement skills
- PetMassage™ Aquatic Massage techniques with dogs
- Body mechanics
- Safety in dog handling
- Pool selection and operation
- Legal practices
- Basic canine anatomy (Home study course)
Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ Program 2
This workshop is designed to expand your skill set, confidence, and comfort working with dogs in warm water.
Course content is focused on
- form refinement
- body mechanics refinement
- additional applications for aquatic canine massage
- incorporating dry PetMassage skills and techniques to dogs in the water
- advanced elements, sequences and protocols
- and experiencing the joy of working with dogs and advanced level fellow colleagues in and with the water.
Workshop Fee: $2600.00 (Includes all texts and home study courses)
- Basic Anatomy of the Dog Home study Course
Special Rates for Refresher
Discounted programs are available for students that have taken this class previously and would like to take it again as a Refresher attendee.