PetMassage Foundation Level Workshop for Veterinary Professionals (DVM, Vet Student and RVT)
The future of veterinary care includes canine massage. Soon, it will be offered in each and every vet clinic. Now is the time for you to move ahead of the mainstream. Learn canine massage to enhance your practice.
The PetMassage Foundation Level Workshop is an excellent beginning to your canine massage career. This hands-on on-site workshop runs Thursday through Monday from 9 AM to 5 PM and is designed to get you the training you need.
PetMassage graduates are recognized for excellence in skills and understanding, sensitivity and compassion, reliability and ethics.
The vets and vet students we meet at vet conferences are very enthusiastic about embracing PetMassage. After delivering the presentation, ” Introduction to the Perspectives and Skills of Canine Massage” at the 2013 AHVMA conference, the response was so encouraging, we developed this Foundation workshop program for vets and vet students and RVT’s
Learning and integrating PetMassage will:
- Make your clinic the place pet parents seek out for “alternative” care for their dogs
- Generate greater revenue opportunities
- Make your office a “high value destination” like a spa. Your clinic will be the place where dogs and their people want to come. It will be the destination for dogs to maintain health, holistic wellness and yes, happiness. Your clinic is the place where dogs can get PetMassage!
- Help you achieve your clinical goals Enhance your appreciation of the function and complexity of fascia in the canine body
- Make you the canine massage resource for referrals from your colleagues
This workshop will include students who are not in the veterinary medical field. Your fellow classmates bring with them a wealth of professional and life experiences. The mix of contributions often lead to insightful discussions that embellish the course content.
Two Certificates of Course Completion are awarded DVMs, Vet Students and RVTs for the Foundation workshop: The PetMassage
for Dogs Foundation Workshop, and Confident Dog Handling. The graduate is a Certified PetMassage Practitioner, or CPMP.
Register Now: Two options to pay.
Workshop Class Size Limit:
If you see that the workshop you would like to attend is full, we encourage you to add your name to its waiting list. Someone who is registered for that workshop may need to switch to another month. A spot may open up for you.
Please call or text Beth at 419-475-3539 to register with your 1st and 2nd choices for workshop dates.
Objectives / Goals:
• Apply healthy body mechanics for strength, stability, stamina and enjoyment
• Learn dog handling in the context of the PetMassage session
• Develop an understanding of the theory, techniques, vocabulary, culture and vision of PetMassage
Mini-Workshop Included In This Workshop:
• Confident Dog Handling for PetMassage Practitioners Mini-Workshop: Held from 9 AM to 1 PM on the second day of each Foundation Level Workshop. Practitioners learn to communicate more confidently with their canine clients. Learn More >>>
- Foundation Level Workshop Manual
- Canine Massage for Passionate Dog People (Book)
- PetMassage for Dogs 1 and 2 (DVD's)
- Confident Dog Handling in Canine Massage / Yoga consciousness [PetMassage Streaming Video & Download]
Reviewing and having a good understanding of this material will help enable you to get the best outcome from your hands-on workshop.
IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB, RAIVE
Before Workshop Info:
• Review PetMassage for Dogs 1 and 2 (DVD's)
• Canine Massage for Passionate Dog People (Book)
• Watch Confident Dog Handling in Canine Massage / Yoga consciousness [PetMassage Streaming Video & Download]
During Workshop Info:
All PetMassage Foundation Level Programs are held on-site at the PetMassage Training and Research Institute in Toledo, Ohio.
When you enroll for a workshop, included in your registration packet is the PetMassage Travel Info Brochure. This guide provides valuable information about where to stay, dine, and walk your dogs while in Toledo. Attendees and their dogs from out of town can find comfortable discounted accommodations at recommended hotels within a few miles of the PetMassage™ Training and Research Institute.
Please see the Travel Guide for Toledo Ohio for more information.
What to Wear:
• Comfortable yet professional attire
• Closed toed shoes. Note: Sandals or flip flops are not safe, please do not wear them
• A smile and positive ready-to-learn attitude
• Please refrain from wearing loose jewelry or any fragrances
All practice work is done with live dogs. You will perfect your skills with several dogs. Everyone gets to experience a wide variety of dogs’ sizes, breeds, ages and personalities.
If you can bring your own pet, we highly encourage it. If not, that’s okay, just be sure to let us know. We’ll have lucky doggie volunteers available for you to work with during each workshop day. If you can bring 2 or more pets to the workshop, we’ll give you a discount of $25 off your tuition. Please let us know if your dog(s) have any special considerations.
Please Note: In the Toledo area, dogs must be on 6 foot (maximum) leash whenever outdoors.
Dogs are crated during the lectures and while students practice skills on each other. Crates are available or you are welcome to bring your own crates or x-pens.
What to Expect:
Class sizes are small, usually between 4 and 16 students. This provides abundant opportunities for you to get individual hands-on instruction with Jonathan Rudinger, the founder of PetMassage Training and Research Institute.
- Support Staff: Friendly, knowledgeable staff will be available to provide assistance with workshop support, including travel, dining, entertainment and accommodation recommendations.
- Kitchen with microwave, toaster oven and refrigerator. You’re welcome to store meals throughout the workshop.
- Computer / Office Services (Wi-Fi, Printers, Etc.)
- SPECIAL ON-SITE DISCOUNT! Check out the PetMassage products and merchandise available for purchase. During the duration of your workshop, you’ll receive a special 20% discount on all PetMassage™ items, as well as the PetMassage Advanced Level Program.
After Workshop Info:
Certificate of Completion Earned?
You have six months from the last day of your PetMassage Foundation Level Workshop to complete all of the take-home written exam, video recordings and the short research paper.
Two Certificates of Course Completion are awarded for this workshop:
PetMassage Foundation Level Workshop Certificate of Course Completion
PetMassage Confident Dog Handling for the Canine Massage Practitioner Certificate of Home Study Course Completion
The graduate is a Certified PetMassage™ Practitioner (CPMP) and added to the PetMassage Training & Research Institute Graduate List.
Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Registered Veterinary Technicians earn 28 ce’s with PetMassage™ courses through RAIVE, The Registry for Alternative and Integrative Veterinary Education.