Body and Gait Mechanics for PetMassage™ Practitioners Workshop
In the Body Mechanics workshop, you will benefit from an expert who will help you transform the way you move. When you move more comfortably you will interact with dogs with increased balance, stability and confidence.
In the PetMassage™ Body Mechanics workshop you identify where your balance and gait may need some modifications and learn science based drills that you can continue to practice to get” back in balance.” New concepts in neural- and vestibular brain science will get your body moving in grace and comfort.
Our dogs are very aware of how we are feeling. Any limp, slouch, imbalance in gait, and incomplete breath signals them that something is amiss. When you move in balance and ease, you will feel more alive. Moreover, your dog will be relieved to know that you are well and happy. The dogs you walk will entrain with your improved posture, gait and breathing.
Note: This workshop is held on the first day of each Foundation Level Program.
Fee: When taken on it’s own, this workshop is $99.
Confident Dog Handling for PetMassage™ Practitioners Mini Workshop
While many of the dogs that are brought to you for PetMassage™ will be easy to work with, other dogs are seeking the benefits of PetMassage™ because they have a problem to “fix.” In human terms, dogs may be experiencing pain, physical and emotional. They may be recovering from physical or emotional trauma as dramatic as being hit by a car or as everyday as falling off a sofa. They may be confused and disoriented. Their blood chemistry may be out of balance. They may be experiencing the signs and symptoms of old age. They may be in post surgery rehabilitation.
For your physical and spiritual safety, and for the physical and emotional safety of the dogs you will be handling, you must understand and “speak” the language, “canine. Speak the universal language of nature…the language of yoga. Yoga is nature. Dogs eat, breathe, sleep, and speak nature. Nature is where they live. Dogs get it. They begin to respect you. They cooperate with you.
This course will help you communicate more confidently with your canine clients. Dogs are more compliant, receptive and easy to massage when you talk to them in a language they understand. The concepts and dog handling skills in this course will enable you to be more confident working with many dog breeds, temperaments, and situations.
Learn safe and appropriate ways to interact with willful, reactive, or threatening dogs during each phase of a PetMassage™ session.
Note: This workshop is held from 9 AM to 1 PM on the second day of each Foundation Level Program.
Fee: When taken on it’s own, this workshop is $129.
- Dog Handling in Canine Massage, Yoga Consciousness [Streaming Video / Download]
* If you have previously purchased the required texts, your workshop fee will be discounted equal to the price paid for the texts.
TCVM Tongue Assessment and Pulse Palpation for Canine Massage
One Day Workshop
Open to PetMassage students and graduates of other canine massage schools.
How much do you know about TCVM, Traditional Chinese Medicine? Do you know how to apply aspects of TCVM in your dog massage?
Acupressure points and meridians are not all there is to know in the complex practice of TCVM. Two of the Four Pillars of TCVM Diagnosis are Tongue Assessment and Pulse Palpation. We are thrilled to offer this one-day class focusing on these two techniques.
Would you like to look at your dog’s tongue and use what you see in your assessment and application of massage. You can when you know what to look for!
Would you like to be able to get a real time validation of how the dog is processing your massage? You can get the feedback you need by reading the textures of pulses! http://www.itmonline.org/arts/pulse.htm
Instructor: Eva Groesbeck, DVM, CVA, CVCHM Eva has taken the PetMassage WaterWork workshop. Her approach and our philosophy are highly simpatico. I recently attended one of her lectures and am very impressed with her knowledge, skills and ability to clearly explain and teach TCVM.
The skills Eva will teach will perfectly complement the PetMassage™ Advanced Level curriculum. These are skills you will apply in every canine massage!
This workshop will be offered Sunday, the day before our 5-day PetMassage™ Advanced Level Workshops.
The fee for this class is just $200 (10% less for IAAMB/ACWT members). You may register for it independently or as an add-on (recommended) to the PetMassage™ Advanced Level Workshop.
Meet Dr. Eva
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Biology, University of Michigan-Dearborn, 2001
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Michigan State University, 2005
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA), International Veterinary Acupuncture Society, 2012
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Chinese Herbal Medicine, College of Integrative Veterinary Therapies, 2014
- Teaching Associate (TA) for International Veterinary Acupuncture Society; Portland Oregon, 2014/2015
- Mentor for students of veterinary acupuncture, International Veterinary Acupuncture Society, Portland Oregon, 2015 and February 2018.
- Food Therapy Practitioner, Chi Institute, 2015
- Master Level Reiki Practitioner, 2015
- Functional Indirect Animal Normalization Techniques Osteopathic Approach for Small Animals Basic and Advanced courses, 2016
- Acutonics Practitioner, 2017
- Healing Touch for Animals Practitioner, 2017
- WaterWork Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage, 2017
- Advanced Acupuncture and TCVM Diagnostics Skills, Chi Institute, 2017
- Veterinary Medical Aromatherapy Certification, currently enrolled.
- Author of several published case reports and articles pertaining to Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine and Holistic Veterinary Medicine
Animals have always been my friends; they have also been some of my greatest teachers. They have taught me about love, patience, loss, communication, responsibility, trust, healing and rebirth. I can’t imagine my life without their kinship, and it is this connection to them, that keeps me ever evolving as a practitioner and healer. I am eternally grateful to them, for all the gifts they have shared with me during my journey so far. It is my sincere wish that all my patients receive the healing they so deserve. Animals bless our lives in so many ways, and I do this work in hopes of returning some of those blessings back to them.