Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage™ WaterWork 1 - Refresher
The Refresher is an opportunity to take just the hands-on module of the workshop a second time at a reduced fee. There are no home study courses, no required research assignments and no post workshop session documentations.
PetMassage™ evolves. The content that was taught 15, 10, 5 and even 3 years ago is substantially different from what is taught now. The PetMassage WaterWork Foundation Refresher Workshop is 4 days and can be taken prior to the Canine Aquatic PetMassage Level 2 workshop.
- Enhance your practice.
- Reconnect with the fundamentals.
- “Refresh” your skills and enthusiasm.
Remember the excitement, the “aha” revelations, the community!
People who have completed 2002-2018 PetMassage WaterWork workshops
Workshop Class Size Limit:
If you see that the program you would like to attend is full, we encourage you to add your name to its waiting list. Someone who is registered for that workshop may need to switch to another month. A spot may open up for you.
Please call Beth at 800-779-1001 to register with your 1st and 2nd choices for workshop dates.
Completion of the Foundation Level 1 PetMassage WaterWork Program.
Objectives / Goals:
- Review an understanding of the theory, techniques, vocabulary, culture and vision of PetMassage™ Aquatic Canine Massage
- Learn and review healthy body mechanics for strength, stability, stamina and enjoyment
- Review dog handling in the context of the PetMassage™ session
Home Study Courses Included in This Workshop:
- Revised PetMassage WaterWork Level 1 Manual (Provided on-site)
IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB
Before Workshop Info:
- Review Confident Dog Handling in Canine Massage / Yoga consciousness [PetMassage™ Streaming Video & Download]
- Review your original PetMassage WaterWork Manual
Please note, this program travels to off-site pool equipped facilities. We are currently holding workshops at:
- The Dog Dive in Kalamazoo, Michigan
When you enroll for a program, included in your registration packet along with an email is a link to where to stay, dine, and walk your dogs for the city that the PetMassage™ WaterWork™ Workshop will be hosted.
All practice work is done with live dogs. You will perfect your skills with several dogs. Everyone gets to experience a wide variety of dogs’ sizes, breeds, ages and personalities.
If you can bring your own pet, please know that your dog will have one 15-minute session every other day. The rest of your dog’s day will be spent in a crate. Crates are available; or you are welcome to bring your own crates or x-pens. We’ll have plenty of lucky doggie volunteers available for you to work with during each program day. Please let us know if your dog(s) have any special considerations.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Another enjoyable and rewarding workshop experience. A new version of your first WaterWork program with abundant opportunities for you to get individual hands-on instruction with Jonathan.
- Support Staff: Friendly, knowledgeable staff will be available to provide assistance with workshop support, including travel, dining, and entertainment.
- SPECIAL ON-SITE DISCOUNT! Check out the PetMassage™ products and merchandise available for purchase. During the duration of your program, you’ll receive a special 20% discount on all PetMassage™ items, as well as the PetMassage™ Foundation Level Program & PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program.
WHAT TO WEAR:
When you attend the program please bring the following to the WaterWork™ workshop:
- Oversized Hooded Zippered Sweatshirt
- 2 Bathing Suits (Recommended)
- Bathing Cap (Optional)
- Denim Jacket & Pants OR Sturdy Wet Suit – These are worn in the water to protect your torso and legs and are required for all in pool activities. You will not be allowed in the pool without wearing one of these options. This is for your own safety.
After Workshop Info:
Certificate of Completion Earned?
Hands-on workshop attendance
One Certificate of Course Completion is awarded for this program:
- Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage™ WaterWork™ 1 Refresher Certificate of Course Completion
Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available For:
Animal Massage Practitioners, Massage Therapists (MTs)
Number of Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Earned:
Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage WaterWork™ 1 Refresher
4-day hands-on program runs Monday through Thursday, 9 AM to 4 PM. It is designed to review and refresh the fundamental set of skills working with dogs in warm water.
- Course content is focused on form
- body mechanics
- basic canine anatomy as it applies to your aquatic canine massage practice
- indications and contraindications
- pools and their mechanics
- session elements, sequences and protocols
- assessment skills
- legal practice
- and experiencing the joy of working with dogs and fellow colleagues in and with the water.
Refresher Fee Info:
Register Now: Two options to pay.
- This includes all materials.
- Ways to save:
- You can register for this workshop with a 50% deposit today, with the remainder due the week before the first day of class.
- Or you can save 5% by registering for this workshop and making one discounted payment of $902.50.
- IAAMB/ACWT members may save 10% with your discount, with payment at time of registration of $855.00. (Discounts cannot be combined.)
The Refresher is phone registration only.
To register please call or text Beth Farkas at 419-475-3539
Upcoming / Scheduled WaterWork Workshops
Would You Like to Host This Program at Your Facility?
We’re happy to work with you to bring Canine Aquatic Massage, PetMassage™ WaterWork™ to your area! Please reach out to us via our Contact page.