PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Workshop
Upcoming / Scheduled Canine Aquatic Massage Workshops:
Upcoming Events › Canine Aquatic Massage
- No matching events listed under Canine Aquatic Massage. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Program
The PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage helps students learn the theory, vocabulary, and skills of applying PetMassage™ techniques with dogs in a heated swimming pool. When your dog experiences his body WaterWorking it is joyful, relaxing, rejuvenating, rebalancing, reconditioning, resoundingly and amazingly therapeutic and beneficial. This is PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage!
This workshop travels to host locations throughout the US and enables students to learn an exciting new way to practice PetMassage™ techniques with the benefits of water massage sessions. This 6-day hands-on off-site workshop runs Monday through Saturday from 9 AM to 4 PM and is designed to get you experience to massage dogs in warm water comfortably and effectively.
Imagine yourself shoulder deep in a large heated pool, holding a dog, suspended in water. You guide the dog’s body in your arms in large, sweeping movements across the surface of the water. You watch the ripples on the surface. You feel how the water drags and drifts the dog’s coat and body. Imagine the therapeutic value that this dog is getting in water.
In your hands, the dog relaxes. As you move, integumentary (skin and coat) and musculoskeletal structures float into and away from each other. Restrictions from holding patterns release. Alternative and integrative neuromuscular systems engage.
This includes all materials.
You can register for this workshop with a 50% deposit today, with the remainder due on or before the first day of class. Or you can save 5% by registering for this workshop and making one discounted payment of $2470.00
With the training provided in this workshop, you will gain confidence and experience practicing your craft with dogs in the water.
This workshop is for anyone interested in exploring the benefits of working with the dog in water as well as learning about additional services that can be offered in their dog massage business.
Workshop Class Size Limit:
If you see that the workshop you would like to attend is full, we encourage you to add your name to its waiting list. Someone who is registered for that workshop may need to switch to another month. A spot may open up for you.
Please call Beth at 800-779-1001 to register with your 1st and 2nd choices for workshop dates.
Objectives / Goals:
- Develop understanding of the theory, vocabulary & skills of applied PetMassage™ techniques in water
- Learn to use PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage to access alternative neurologically plastic pathways to promote muscle use in movement restricted dogs
- Learn to use PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage to enhance canine flexibility, muscle tone, and physical endurance
- Learn techniques to safely and effectively PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage a wide variety of sizes, temperaments, and breeds of dogs
- Using PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massageto increase muscle mass, strength, endurance, weight loss, proprioception
- Learn to observe gait before and after PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage sessions
Home Study Courses Included In This Workshop:
- PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Workshop Manual
IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB
Before Workshop Info:
You’ll receive information about the workshop location and proper attire (what to wear) in your confirmation letter.
During Workshop Info:
Please note, this workshop travels to off-site pool equipped facilities. To date, we’ve been to the following venues:
- The Dog Dive in Kalamazoo, Michigan
When you enroll for a workshop, included in your registration packet is the PetMassage™ Travel Info Brochure for the city that the PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage Workshop will be hosted at. This guide provides valuable information about where to stay, dine, and walk your dogs.
WHAT TO WEAR:
When you attend the workshop please bring the following to the Canine Aquatic Massage workshop:
- Oversize Hooded Zippered Sweatshirt
- 2 Bathing Suits (Recommended)
- Bathing Cap (Optional)
- Denim Jacket & Pants OR Sturdy Wet Suit – These are worn in the water to protect your torso and legs and are required for all in pool activities. You will not be allowed in the pool without wearing one of these options. This is for your own safety.
All practice work is done with live dogs. You will perfect your skills with several dogs. Everyone gets to experience a wide variety of dogs’ sizes, breeds, ages and personalities.
If you can bring your own pet, please know that your dog will have one 15 minute session per day. The rest of your dog’s day will be spent in a crate. Crates are available or you are welcome to bring your own crates or xpens. We’ll have plenty of lucky doggie volunteers available for you to work with during each workshop day. Please let us know if your dog(s) have any special considerations.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Class sizes are small, limited to a maximum of 4 to 6 students. This provides abundant opportunities for you to get individual hands-on instruction with Jonathan Rudinger, the founder of PetMassage™ Training and Research Institute.
- Support Staff: Friendly, knowledgeable staff will be available to provide assistance with workshop support, including travel, dining, entertainment and accommodation recommendations.
- Vary by location. More information will be made available as needed.
- SPECIAL ON-SITE DISCOUNT! Check out the PetMassage™ products and merchandise available for purchase. During the duration of your workshop, you’ll receive a special 20% discount on all PetMassage™ items, as well as the PetMassage™ Foundation Level Workshop & PetMassage™ Advanced Level Workshop.
After Workshop Info:
Certificate of Completion Earned?
You have six months from the last day of your PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage workshop to complete all of the following: a take-home written exam, document practice sessions, and complete video recordings.
One Certificates of Course Completion are awarded for this workshop:
- PetMassage™ WaterWork™ Workshop (Canine Aquatic Massage) Certificate of Course Completion
The graduate is a Certified PetMassage™ Canine Aquatic Massage Practitioner (CPCMP) and added to the PetMassage Training & Research Institute Graduates List.
Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available For:
Animal Massage Practitioners, Massage Therapists (MTs)
Number of Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Earned:
Would You Like To Host This Workshop At Your Facility?
We’re happy to work with you to bring PetMassage Canine Aquatic Massage to your area! Please reach out to us via our Contact page.
Thanks to Jonathan and Anastasia and the folks at Dog Dive Kalamazoo, MI for a wonderful week learning about the benefits of aqua therapy on dogs and their respective health needs. It was very informative and just an overall great experience. I look forward to bringing this knowledge and hands on experience to my (future) business endeavors.
My classmates were fabulous. I felt support from each of them even though they had different personalities.
I appreciated the open forum with the wealth of knowledge of Jonathan and Anastasia. I am so very grateful for your gift of presence for myself and all the dogs by sharing this knowledge. My intention is to honor this with my WaterWork™. Thank you for offering this course. Beyond my expectations.
I enjoyed PetMassage™ WaterWork™ with dogs, the Tai Chi style of working and Jonathan’s uniqueness! I loved the class, energy and family feel!
Thank you! A week of Zen and getting closer to my own “soul” giving me more to give to my clients.
Darkness is gone – reached the emerald city with my new found friend! I am so full of love, trust, acceptance, and mostly peace that I can do this myself. Thank you Jonathan and Anastasia for my badge of courage! Life is beautiful over the rainbow.
Awesome training! What an experience! It has given me more ideas to bring back to Canada.
Had a blessed experience today. An injured Weimaraner from out of town came to The Dog Dive because there is no warm water WaterWork™ anywhere near her. She was panicked and not buying in. I went to our Foundation class in my mind and realized I needed the energy from the Earth to convince her. I planted my feet and let the energy in. It surrounded me, the dog, and the water! It also made a bond between the dog and that lasted the rest of the day. Thank you Jonathan Rudinger.