PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program
The PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program enhances your initial PetMassage™ training. This Program was created to reinforce and expand on PetMassage™ with a focus of practical applications of PetMassage™ Energy Work. Students receive training in body mechanics, positional release, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) applications, and further explore aspects of growing a successful practice. This 5-day hands-on on-site program runs Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM.
This workshop is for students that have completed the PetMassage™ Foundation Level Workshop and seek to continue their education of PetMassage™ techniques and theories.
Program Class Size Limit:
If you see that the program you would like to attend is full, we encourage you to add your name to its waiting list. Someone who is registered for that program may need to switch to another month. A spot may open up for you.
Please call Beth at 800-779-1001 to register with your 1st and 2nd choices for program dates.
PetMassage™ Foundation Program
Objectives / Goals:
- Reviews and expands on Foundation Level training (theory and application)
- Gives students a more comprehensive knowledge base / skill set to use with rehab clients
- Provides additional training in EnergyWork practices, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), canine anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, and canine kinesiology
- Learn actions and functions of specific muscle groups
- Learn basic pathologies you will see in your practice that would affect the dogs
- Refine business goals
- The PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program helps students qualify and prepare for NBCAAM Test for National Certification.
- Track toward becoming a Licensed Instructor at a regional PetMassage™ Satellite School.
Home Study Courses Included In This program:
- Medical Terminology, Canine Physiology, Kinesiology and Pathology for the Canine Massage Practitioner: In this home study course, you will learn essential terms and conditions that you will need to know for a successful dog massage practice.
- PetMassage™ Energy Work with Dogs: In this home study course, you will learn to rebalance the chi, energy life force, that keeps your dogs happy and healthy.
Mini-Workshops Included In This Program:
- PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program Manual
Additional Materials Included From Home Study Courses:
- PetMassage™ Energy Work with Dogs, Accessing the Magnificent Body Language and Wisdom of the Dog (Book) & Audio Version Streaming Download
- Streaming &/or Downloadable Video & Files
Reviewing and having a good understanding of this material will help enable you to get the best outcome from your hands-on workshop.
IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB
Before Workshop Info:
- Work through Home Study Courses
- Study PetMassage™ Energy Work with Dogs, Accessing the Magnificent Body Language and Wisdom of the Dog (Book)
- Listen to Energy Work Audio
During Program Info:
All PetMassage™ Advanced Level Programs are held on-site at the PetMassage™ Training and Research Institute in Toledo, Ohio.
When you enroll for a program, included in your registration packet is the PetMassage™ Travel Guide for Toledo Ohio. This guide provides valuable information about where to stay, dine, and walk your dogs while in Toledo. Attendees and their dogs from out of town can find comfortable discounted accommodations at recommended hotels within a few miles of the PetMassage™ Training and Research Institute.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Comfortable yet professional attire.
- Closed toed shoes. Note: Sandals or flip flops are not safe, please do not wear them.
- A smile and positive ready-to-learn attitude.
- Please refrain from wearing loose jewelry or any fragrances.
All practice work is done with live dogs. You will perfect your skills with several dogs. Everyone gets to experience a wide variety of dogs’ sizes, breeds, ages and personalities.
If you can bring your own pet, we highly encourage it. If not, that’s okay, just be sure to let us know. We’ll have lucky doggie volunteers available for you to work with during each workshop day. If you can bring 2 or more dogs to the workshop, we’ll give you a discount of $25 off your tuition. Please let us know if your dog(s) have any special considerations.
Please Note: In the Toledo area, dogs must be on 6 foot (maximum) leash whenever outdoors.
Dogs are crated during the lectures and while students practice skills on each other. Crates are available or you are welcome to bring your own crates or x-pens.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Class sizes are small, usually between 4 and 6 students. This provides abundant opportunities for you to get individual hands-on instruction with Jonathan Rudinger, the founder of PetMassage™ Training and Research Institute.
- Support Staff: Friendly, knowledgeable staff will be available to provide assistance with workshop support, including travel, dining, entertainment and accommodation recommendations.
- Kitchen with microwave, toaster oven and refrigerator. You’re welcome to store meals throughout the workshop in this area.
- Computer / Office Services (Wi-Fi, Printers, Etc.)
- SPECIAL ON-SITE DISCOUNT! Check out the PetMassage™ products and merchandise available for purchase. During the duration of your program, you’ll receive a special 20% discount on all PetMassage™ items, as well as the PetMassage™ WaterWork™ Workshop.
After Program Info:
Certificate of Completion Earned?
You have six months from the last day of your PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program to complete all of the home study courses, take-home written exam, and video recordings.
Three Certificates of Course Completion are awarded for this workshop:
- PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program Certificate of Course Completion
- PetMassage™ Medical Terminology, Canine Physiology, Kinesiology and Pathology for the Canine Massage Practitioner Certificate of Home Study Course Completion
- PetMassage™ Energy Work with Dogs Certificate of Home Study Course Completion
Graduates of this program are Certified Advanced Level PetMassage™ Practitioners, or CPMP and are distinguished as such on the PetMassage Training & Research Institute Graduate List.
Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available For:
Animal Massage Practitioners, Massage Therapists (MTs)
Number of Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Earned:
This workshop earns 100 CEs for Massage Therapists (MTs). 50 Live, onsite and 50 Home Study. This workshop also earns 100 CEs toward the prerequisite 200 hours to sit for NBCAAM’s National Certification Exam.
Refresher Tickets Available!
“Refresher” tickets are like auditing a class. It’s an opportunity to take the hands-on module of PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program a second time for a reduced fee. This does not include the text or home study modules.
Get additional training in dog handling, body mechanics, positional release, applications with Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and several other energy work techniques. As well as a 1/2 day focused just on marketing.
There is so much new and intriguing energy body work in the PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program.
Brief Description: The PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program enhances your initial PetMassage™ training. This workshop was created to reinforce and expand on PetMassage™ with a focus of practical applications of PetMassage™ Energy Work. Students receive training in body mechanics, positional release, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) applications, and further explore aspects of growing a successful practice. This 5-day hands-on on-site program runs Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM. Workshop Fee: $2200.00 Learn More>>> Special Rates For Refresher Professionals: Discounted…Find out more »
Brief Description: The PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program enhances your initial PetMassage™ training. This program was created to reinforce and expand on PetMassage™ with a focus of practical applications of PetMassage™ Energy Work. Students receive training in body mechanics, positional release, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) applications, and further explore aspects of growing a successful practice. This 5-day hands-on on-site program runs Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM. Workshop Fee: $2200.00 Learn More>>> Special Rates For Refresher Professionals: Discounted…Find out more »
I do not really have a best experience. First it was wonderful to have a class with friends made in the Foundation course. It added a depth and richness to the experience and FUN. In terms of the course work, the study this week has added a certain completeness to skills already learned. I feel more confident, the massage skills are not as “mechanical” now they have a reason and a “feeling” “Connected”. I believe I will return home enjoying the work with dogs to a greater degree. I thought it was good to have “new” dogs in the class. This is more like it is in my work. I think it provided a more in-depth learning experience.
I was really greatly encouraged in this week by people, dogs, curriculum and ME! I can do this! I will miss my time up here.
I completed the Foundation workshop in November 2016 and received my certificate in May 2017 after completing all the course work. I attended the Advanced Workshop in September 2017 and hope to have my certificate by January 2018. My intention and goal is have a business up and running by January 2018! This is the beginning of a third career for me and I am so very excited about entering the field of Canine massage.
I absolutely believe that I chose well in selecting the Pet Massage Institute to train and guide me into this new career. First of all, the Rudingers are pioneers in the field of canine massage. They are true professionals in all aspects. They have worked tirelessly to make canine massage a respected and mainstream occupation. I say,” Learn from the BEST”.
Their compassion, commitment and love for dogs and their belief in canine massage as a profession are without reproach.
I hope to do them proud.
Tryon, North Carolina
I have never been so exhilarated and happy as I was during this workshop. I know I am on my chosen path and ready to fulfill my life’s purpose.
Loved it! This course took my massage to a whole new level. It was so much more than I expected.
I came here with doubts, but you really changed my mind. I actually understand how emotion and energy can effect so many things now. Thank you.
I appreciated new insights on energy work and PetMassage™ . Also, the course was good for helping students understand requirements for the national certification test preparation.
I enjoyed the work on the meridians. Thank you for your patience and kindness. Big kiss.
What I liked best about this workshop was the discussion format. It really facilitated training that was tailored to our needs. The text is excellent and I’m glad that we didn’t follow in a linear progression, but let wander where we needed to take it. I feel as though I really deepened my knowledge and confidence. Thank you for the wonderful MasterMind exercise. I love all of you and my peers in class.
I enjoyed the energy work and chakra integration into the PetMassage™ work. I felt at home, like I came home to where I am meant to be. I will own this as my next career!