Thanksgiving is a time for being grateful.
In her book, How of Happiness , Sonja Lyubomirsky shares research that shows that maintaining a physical, written gratitude list lightens up your life. http://www.amazon.com/The-How-Happiness-Approach-Getting/dp/0143114956 Documenting makes your thoughts concrete; real and actionable. As you practice writing your gratitude list, your life becomes happier. You’ll notice a dramatic increase in your happiness and comfort.
It is reasonable that your body naturally responds in kind to whatever you think about.
We have a choice about what we focus on. Anastasia and I would prefer that our bodies synch with the positive vibrations brought on by thinking about what we are grateful for. We make a practice of sharing with each other what we are grateful for during our evening meals.
This is a brief accounting of a recent list of things for which I am grateful:
1. Every time I massage a dog, I am grateful for the opportunity to use my unique set of gifts to help her or him feel better http://petmassage.com/jonathans-private-petmassage-clients/
2. Every time I teach a PetMassageTM workshop, I am grateful for the opportunity to assist our soon-to-be PetMassageTM Practitioner, aka canine light worker. on their path. http://petmassage.com/petmassagetm-hands-on-workshops/
3. Every time someone shares with me that the Transitions, PetMassageTM Energywork for the Aging and Dying Dog book has helped them through their grieving process, I am grateful to be of service. http://petmassage.com/?product=transitions-petmassagetm-for-the-aging-dying-dog
4. Every time we ship out an anatomical chart, we are aiding someone to learn more about canine anatomy and physiology. http://petmassage.com/product-category/petmassage-charts/
5. Every time I am invited to be interviewed about canine massage, I am grateful that I can move our industry a little more forward.
6. Every time I look at Lola Ginabrigida, our 10 ½ year old boxer, I am grateful for the PetMassageTM skills that are keeping her vital and happy.
7. Every time I send out a Dogs Kids PetMassageTM book, I am grateful for the opportunity to help kids relate to dogs in a healthy and loving way. PetMassageTM is a popular Girl Scouts of America® Skills Merit badge. http://petmassage.com/?product=dogs-kids-petmassagetm-course
8. Every time I sign a certificate of workshop or home study course completion, I am grateful for my role as mentor for my students. http://petmassage.com/petmassagetm-graduates/
9. Every time I sign a certificate, as the IAAMB/ACWT president, for membership or the credential for an animal massage and/or bodywork school as a Preferred Educational Provider, I am grateful for the opportunity to promote and support my colleagues. http://members.iaamb.org/users and http://www.iaamb.org/preferred-educational-providers.php
10. Every time someone tells me that they are finding value in the little videos I post on Facebook and Twitter, I am grateful that they are getting this free continuing education. https://www.facebook.com/PetMassage-342371638714/ and https://twitter.com/petmassagetm
11. Every time someone tells me or writes to me that they are enjoying these newsletters, I am grateful for the connection we are making. http://petmassage.com/category/helpful-hints/
12. Every time I recognize that “aha” revelation, which is every time I massage another dog, well, you know. http://petmassage.com/about-petmassagetm/