TRANSITIONS: PetMassage™ Energy Work for the Aging & Dying Dog [PetMassage™ Home Study Course]
TRANSITIONS: PetMassage™ Energy Work for the Aging & Dying Dog is a means of empowering pet care professionals and individual caregivers to help their dogs and pet owners during any transition in their dogs lives and life-styles. This is especially helpful during end-of-life care.
When a dog is in the final stage of life, for the pet owner, it is often a time of confusion, sadness, anger, and denial. Death and dying are uncomfortable. It is the unknown. There is the prospect missing them, of loneliness, and regrets. Often, a dying or already transitioned pet will trigger old issues of previously unresolved loss, fear, and trust.
This powerful course helps facilitate the conversation around loss and grieving. This is one of the most essential aspects of the entire practice of PetMassage™.
The TRANSITIONS PetMassage™ home study course will help you
- work through the grieving process for your own dogs
- prepare you for working with others’ dogs and their families
- prepare you to facilitate pet grieving groups.
Objectives / Goals:
- learn to pay attention to the energy of the stories flowing between you, the dog owner and the client dog.
- develop your emotional and verbal vocabulary to discuss views of death, dying, hospice, euthanasia, quality of life, and quantity of time living.
- develop an expanded level of understanding and use of touch.
- document and support end-of-life cases with compassionate objectivity.
- document and support the power of holding space.
- document and support the power of being the witness.
- document and support the power of tapping the depths of your own inner resources.
- TRANSITIONS: PetMassage™ Energy Work for the Aging & Dying Dog [Book]
- TRANSITIONS: PetMassage™ Energy Work for the Aging & Dying Dog [Course Guide]
- Private 1-on-1 Phone & Email Counseling Sessions with Jonathan Rudinger, PetMassage™ Founder & Instructor (up to 3 hours)
Accredited By: IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB
Certificate of Completion Earned? Yes
All home study courses must be completed within 6 months of the date of purchase. Please note, this is a soft deadline and reasonable extensions are always granted upon request.
Certificates are awarded upon successful completion of the Home Study Course. Successful completion of this Home Study Course is defined as:
- Completion of TRANSITIONS: PetMassage™ Energy Work for the Aging & Dying Dog Course Guide
- Complete Case Study with an Aging / Hospice / Dying Dog
- Film a Video Demonstrating the Application of TRANSITIONS PetMassage™ techniques
- Film a Video Critique of the Demonstration Video
- Course Completion Telephone Interview with Jonathan Rudinger, PetMassage™ Founder & Instructor
Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available For: Animal Massage Practitioners, Massage Therapists (MTs)
Number of Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Earned: 15