Independent Study (ceu’s 3)
Title: Independent Study [PetMassage Home Study Course]
The intention of this course is for you to be an SME, Subject Matter Expert on the topic assigned to you. The report must be in a research paper form that we can edit, as a Word Document. It will be published on the PetMassage.com website and made available for peer review.
In this 3-hour CEC/CEU course, you’ll focus your attention on a single topic. Jonathan Rudinger, PetMassage Founder and Instructor, will assign or agree to your choice of topic, and guide you as you explore your topic in depth. This is a short study. The length of your paper will also be short: only a minimum of 3 pages.
Completing a research project will enhance your practice by enhancing the depth of your knowledge. If you are an LMT, these are the continuing ed credits that you can use to fulfill your licensing requirements.
Choose from topics in the areas of:
- Animal Massage
- Animal Body Work
- Animal Energy Work
- Animal Anatomy & Physiology
- Animal Kinesiology
- Animal Behavior
- Animal Pathology
Or a topic of your choice, caveat: it must be animal related.
Your topic will be assigned by PetMassage™ Instructor, Jonathan Rudinger, after a conversation with him; which will help identify your area of interest.
Customary Parts of an Education Research Paper
- Title/Cover Page.
- Contains the paper’s title, the author’s name, address, phone number, e-mail
- Introduction and Statement of the Problem.
- Limitations of Study.
- Discuss your research methodology.
- Main Body of Paper/Argument
- Site bibliographic sources
You can see examples of research papers and case studies at https://petmassage.com/resources/research-papers-case-studies/
Objectives / Goals:
- The freedom to explore an area of interest in depth while earning credits to maintain licensing.
- Please Note: Interest must be related to the practice of animal massage.
- Materials to be determined based on Independent Study topic.
Prerequisites: No Prerequisite(s) Needed
Accredited By: IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB
Certificate of Completion Earned? Yes
All home study courses must be completed within 6 months of the date of purchase. Please note, this is a soft deadline and reasonable extensions are always granted upon request.
Certificates are awarded upon successful completion of the Home Study Course. Successful completion of this Home Study Course is defined as:
- Completion, Submission, and Acceptance of Your Research Paper
- Home study courses must be completed within 6 months of the date of purchase. Please note, this is a soft deadline and reasonable extensions are always granted upon request.Certificates are awarded upon successful completion of the Home Study Course. Successful completion of this Home Study Course is defined as:
Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available For: Animal Massage Practitioners, Massage Therapists (MTs)
Number of Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Earned: 3