Choose the PetMassage for Dogs Workshops that best fit your needs and aspirations.
PetMassage Programs are vocational training. They include on-site, one-on-one, hands-on training and home study modules.
Programs with Workshops On-site at The PetMassage Training and Research Institute, Toledo, OH
This is hands-on, one-on-one instruction in a 5-day on-site workshop intensive at PetMassage. The PetMassage Foundation Level Program gives you the training to create a successful canine massage practice, business and career. The skills you learn in this program will prepare you for providing massage for house pets, service dogs, sport dogs, dogs in a veterinary setting, and dogs in rehab.
This program includes massage skills specifically for dogs, dog handling in the context of a massage session, body mechanics (for you), basic dog anatomy, and a guide/marketing course to create your canine massage business. While some parts of your training can be completed at home, the hands-on-dogs instruction needs to be personalized for you, optimizing your intuitive abilities and personal style.
Upon completion of the PetMassage Foundation Level Program, you will be a Certified PetMassage Practitioner. The PetMassage™ Foundation Level Program earns 100 CEUs.
Prerequisite: completion of the PetMassage™ Foundation Level Program.
The on-site hands-on workshop is 6-days and runs Sunday through Friday
This workshop focuses on expanding your canine massage practice with instruction in the
- Energy systems of dogs: indications and applications of balancing and aligning
- Advanced myofascial release
- Neural positional release
- Positional release of significant trigger points
- Palliative care
- Functional medical terminology vocabulary to work with veterinarians
- Functional pathology for a more comprehensive private practice and veterinary rehabilitation support
- Business and marketing support to enhance your private practice
Includes 2 Home Study Courses:
- Medical Terminology, Canine Physiology, Kinesiology and Pathology for the Canine Massage Practitioner
- PetMassage™ Energy Work with Dogs
- Upon completion of the PetMassage Advanced Level Program, you will be a Certified Advanced PetMassage Practitioner. The PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program earns 100 CEUs.
- Combined with the Foundation Level’s 100 CEUs, you have the requisite hours to sit for the NBCAAM exam for National Certification.
4 Hour workshop on-site. Note: This workshop is during each Foundation Level Workshop.
Learn safe and appropriate ways to interact with dogs, whether they are compliant, fearful, anxious, willful, reactive, threatening, in discomfort, stiff, overweight, or just big, during each phase of a PetMassage™ session.
The concepts and dog handling skills in this course will enable you to be more confident working with many dog breeds, temperaments, and situations. From the beginning of a dog massage session, you must develop an understanding with the dog so that both of you feel safe and heard.
4 Hour on-site workshop. Note: This workshop is held during each Foundation Level Workshop.
The Body Mechanics workshop will help you transform the way you move. When you move more comfortably you will interact with dogs with increased balance, stability and confidence.
Our dogs are very aware of how we are feeling. Any limp, slouch, and imbalance in your gait signals them that you are not completely available for them. When you move in balance and ease, you feel more alive. Moreover, your dog will be relieved to know that you are well and happy. The dogs will entrain with your improved posture, gait and breathing.
New concepts in neural- and vestibular brain science will get your body moving in grace and comfort.
- Identify where your balance and gait may need some modifications
- Learn science-based drills to get “back in balance.”
PetMassage™ WaterWork Workshops (canine aquatic massage) at the Dog Dive, Kalamazoo, MI/ Credential: Certified PetMassage™ WaterWork Practitioner
Days 1-4: Monday through Thursday
Working in water is very unlike dry PetMassage. The skills are different. The water and the warmth magnify and exaggerate the therapeutic value of every movement. The pool environment offers possibilities unlike any other water or dry modality. Each session becomes a joyous dance of wellness and fun.
- massage and movement skills
- body mechanics
- safe movement in water with dogs
- pool selection, construction, operation
Imagine yourself shoulder deep in a large heated pool, holding a dog, suspended in water. You guide the