Medical Terminology, Canine Physiology, Kinesiology and Pathology for the Canine Massage Practitioner [PetMassage™ Home Study Course]
This home study course is designed to enhance your comprehension and working knowledge of the medical terminology, its etymology and definitions, physiology, and the basic functions within the body that are applicable to canine / dog massage. Learn about kinesiology, movement (bones, ligaments, muscles and tendons used), and the significant concepts you need to know of the pathology, common veterinary tests, treatments and medications that your canine clients may be experiencing.
The content presented in this home study course is all pertinent and applicable to the canine massage practitioner’s everyday practice. This certificate is a credential that sets a new standard for knowledge competency in the field of canine massage and bodywork care.
Objectives / Goals:
- Learn basic prefixes, suffixes and roots used in medical terminology.
- Learn introduction to physiologic systems including connective tissue, movement of body fluids, hormones, and thermoregulation.
- Learn actions and functions of muscle groups.
- Learn basic pathologies that affect the dogs you will see in your practice.
- Learn to clearly communicate information about dogs to the animal guardians, caregivers, and other animal health care professionals.
- Learn basic guidelines for identifying and handling dogs in acute situations.
- Be able to visualize how a healthy and fully functioning canine body performs.
Included as part of the PetMassage™ Advanced Level Program.
- Medical Terminology, Canine Physiology, Kinesiology and Pathology for the Canine Massage Practitioner [PetMassage™ Home Study Course Guide]
- Canine Acupoint Energetics & Landmark Anatomy [Book]
Prerequisites: No Prerequisite(s) Needed
Accredited By: IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB
Certificate of Completion Earned? Yes
All home study courses must be completed within 6 months of the date of purchase. Please note, this is a soft deadline and reasonable extensions are always granted upon request.
Certificates are awarded upon successful completion of the Home Study Course. Successful completion of this Home Study Course is defined as:
- Complete Written Test for Medical Terminology, Canine Physiology, Kinesiology and Pathology for the Canine Massage Practitioner [PetMassage™ Home Study Course]
Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available For: Animal Massage Practitioners, Massage Therapists (MTs)
Number of Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Earned: 15