Confident Dog Handling for the Canine Massage Practitioner (ceu’s 10)
Title: Confident Dog Handling for the Canine Massage Practitioner [PetMassage™ Home Study Course]
If you are unable to attend this on-site workshop with PetMassage™ Instructor Monica Bernhoffer, this Home Study Course is the next best way to learn her techniques. This course will shift your understanding and relationship with dogs.
For the hour that you are interacting with the dog, you need to establish and maintain your role as the pack leader.
In our need to please and placate, we sometimes give up our power, ceding it to the dog. This can put you in an ineffective position, and if you do not recognize or use the correct signals, it can be dangerous.
This course gives you the insights and tools so that you and your dog will be safe and comfortable in each other’s presence.
Objectives / Goals:
Learn how to
- control your breathing
- control your mindset
- use modified yoga postures
- understand how dogs communicate
- use their language with intention
- control the signals that you are projecting
- recognize the signs and signals a dog is sending
- incorporate safe dog handling practices
- maintain leadership
Part of: PetMassage™ Foundation Level Workshop
- Confident Dog Handling for the Canine Massage Practitioner [PetMassage™ Home Study Course] [Course Guide]
- Dog Handling in Canine Massage, Yoga Consciousness [Video / Download]
Prerequisites: Open to dog massage practitioners, dog owners, handlers, sitters, walkers, trainers, DVMs, RVTs
Accredited By: IAAMB/ACWT, NBCAAM, NCBTMB
Certificate of Completion Earned? Yes
All home study courses must be completed within 6 months of the date of purchase. Please note, this is a soft deadline and reasonable extensions are always granted upon request.
Certificates are awarded upon successful completion of the Home Study Course. Successful completion of this Home Study Course is defined as:
- Completion of Course Guide for Confident Dog Handling for the Canine Massage Practitioner [PetMassage™ Home Study Course]
- Passing written test, multiple-choice and essay sections, for Confident Dog Handling for the Canine Massage Practitioner [PetMassage™ Home Study Course]
- Film a Video Demonstrating the Application of PetMassage™ Dog Handling techniques
- Film a Video Critique of the Demonstration Video
Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Available For: Animal Massage Practitioners, Massage Therapists (MTs)
Number of Continuing Education Credits (CECs) / Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Earned: 10